Which linux on my little powermac 4400/200 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Which linux on my little powermac 4400/200 - Powerpc ; Hi Instead of giving my 4400/200, I just want to use it as a server with wifi connection. I just want to know what kind of linux I can install on it and if it's possible. All the pc linux ...

  1. Which linux on my little powermac 4400/200

    Hi

    Instead of giving my 4400/200, I just want to use it as a server with wifi
    connection.
    I just want to know what kind of linux I can install on it and if it's
    possible. All the pc linux software are mac-compatible after recompiling
    them ?
    I have a
    powermac 4400/200
    148 Mo memory
    2.1 Go HD (I'm going to change it)
    External scsi cdrw drive
    external scsi zip 100 drive

    sincerely yours
    (hope you understand my english)

    Eric M.
    maybe new linux user

  2. Re: Which linux on my little powermac 4400/200

    Eric M - Free wrote:
    : Hi

    : Instead of giving my 4400/200, I just want to use it as a server with wifi
    : connection.
    : I just want to know what kind of linux I can install on it and if it's
    : possible. All the pc linux software are mac-compatible after recompiling
    : them ?
    : I have a
    : powermac 4400/200
    : 148 Mo memory
    : 2.1 Go HD (I'm going to change it)
    : External scsi cdrw drive
    : external scsi zip 100 drive

    Hi,

    I could install on my 4400/200 LinuxPPC 2000 and SuSE 7.3 (on separate
    SCSI disks) but I could not install Mandrake. I find SuSE newer and better. .

    Regards

    Andrzej Kotanski

+ Reply to Thread