/proc/cpuinfo - Powerpc

This is a discussion on /proc/cpuinfo - Powerpc ; I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh machines'. My goal is to eventually ...

  1. /proc/cpuinfo

    I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    machines'.

    My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).

    Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?

    Thank you.

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Fan of Woody Allen

  2. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:28:53 -0800, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.

    I guess this is "standard" IBM PReP:

    -----
    james@Juneau-LUG:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    cpu : 601
    clock : 62MHz
    revision : 0.2 (pvr 0001 0002)
    bogomips : 65.53
    machine : PReP IBM 6015/7020 (Sandalfoot/Sandalbow)
    Upgrade CPU
    L2 : not present
    simms : 0:32M 1:32M 2:32M 3:32M 4:8M 5:8M
    -----

    Cheers,

    James

  3. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    e5z8652 wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:28:53 -0800, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:
    >
    >> I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    >> all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    >> exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    >> machines'.

    cpu : 7455, altivec supported
    revision : 2.1 (pvr 8001 0201)
    bogomips : 799.53
    machine : AmigaOne G3SE / AmigaOne XE / Teron CX / Teron PX
    RAM : 512 MB
    clock : 800 MHz
    fsb : 133 MHz
    l2cr : 0x80000000

  4. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?
    >
    > Thank you.

    cpu : 750FX
    temperature : 19-21 C (uncalibrated)
    clock : 700MHz
    revision : 1.2 (pvr 7000 0102)
    bogomips : 1389.36
    machine : PowerBook4,3
    motherboard : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
    detected as : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
    pmac flags : 0000000b
    L2 cache : 512K unified
    memory : 384MB
    pmac-generation : NewWorld

  5. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:28:53 -0800, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.

    Standard PowerMac:

    cpu : 604
    clock : 120MHz
    revision : 3.3 (pvr 0004 0303)
    bogomips : 239.20
    machine : Power Macintosh
    motherboard : AAPL,8500 MacRISC
    L2 cache : 256K unified
    memory : 56MB
    pmac-generation : OldWorld

    Cheers,

    James

  6. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

  7. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:28:53 +0200, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?
    >
    > Thank you.

    here you go, G4500 AGP (sawtooth)
    [root@G4 cols]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    cpu : 7400, altivec supported
    temperature : 19-21 C (uncalibrated)
    clock : 500MHz
    revision : 2.9 (pvr 000c 0209)
    bogomips : 996.14
    machine : PowerMac3,1
    motherboard : PowerMac3,1 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
    detected as : 65 (PowerMac G4 AGP Graphics)
    pmac flags : 00000004
    L2 cache : 1024K unified
    memory : 1024MB
    pmac-generation : NewWorld

  8. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    In article <1fxzv2c.1yvx63u8sd0w0N%andrew@netneurotic.de>, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:
    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?

    A 166 MHz 604e from a PowerMac 7300 running debian.

    processor : 0
    cpu : 604e
    clock : 170MHz
    revision : 2.2
    bogomips : 335.55
    zero pages : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/4216 (0%)
    machine : Power Macintosh
    motherboard : AAPL,7500 MacRISC
    L2 cache : 256K unified
    memory : 128MB
    pmac-generation : OldWorld

  9. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:28:53 +0200
    andrew@netneurotic.de (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux
    > on all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested
    > in exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or
    > Macintosh machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection
    > existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --
    > Andrew J. Brehm
    > Fan of Woody Allen
    > PowerPC User
    > Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza

    Umax s900dp

    processor : 0
    cpu : 604e
    clock : 200MHz
    revision : 2.2 (pvr 0009 0202)
    bogomips : 398.95

    processor : 1
    cpu : 604e
    clock : 200MHz
    revision : 2.4 (pvr 0009 0204)
    bogomips : 398.95

    total bogomips : 797.90
    machine : Power Macintosh
    motherboard : AAPL,???? MacRISC
    detected as : 16 (Unknown PowerSurge)
    pmac flags : 00000000
    L2 cache : 512K unified
    memory : 384MB
    pmac-generation : OldWorld

  10. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:28:53 +0200, Andrew J. Brehm wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.

    TQM860L module (MPC860-T CPU at 50/50 MHz):

    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    cpu : 8xx
    clock : 50MHz
    bus clock : 50MHz
    revision : 0.0 (pvr 0050 0000)
    bogomips : 49.86

    LWMON (Mobile Crane Controller, featuring MPC823-E CPU at 66/66 MHz):

    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    cpu : 8xx
    clock : 66MHz
    bus clock : 66MHz
    revision : 0.0
    bogomips : 66.24
    zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)

    cPCI405 (CompactPCI Board, featuring IBM 405GP CPU at 200 MHz):

    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    cpu : 405GP
    clock : 198MHz
    revision : 0.196 (pvr 4011 00c4)
    bogomips : 198.33
    zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
    plb bus clock : 99MHz
    pci bus clock : 33MHz

    PCIPPC2 (CompactPCI Board, featuring 750 CPU at 300 MHz):

    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    cpu : 750
    temperature : 0 C
    revision : 131.2
    bogomips : 600.15
    zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
    vendor : GESPAC
    machine : PCIPPC-2E1A
    cpu speed : 300Mhz
    bus speed : 100Mhz
    L2 : 1MB
    memory type : SDRAM
    backplane : System slot board with geographical address 8

    Is this the sort of information you're looking for? Now what did you
    learn from these numbers?

    Best regards,

    Wolfgang Denk

    --
    Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
    Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de

  11. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:28:53 +0200
    > andrew@netneurotic.de (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote:

    >> I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux
    >> on all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested
    >> in exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or
    >> Macintosh machines'.
    >>
    >> My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    >> good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection
    >> existed).
    >>
    >> Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    >> associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Andrew J. Brehm
    >> Fan of Woody Allen
    >> PowerPC User
    >> Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza

    Powerbook G3 (original):
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    cpu : 740/750
    temperature : 54-56 C (uncalibrated)
    clock : 250MHz
    revision : 2.1 (pvr 0008 0201)
    bogomips : 499.71
    machine : PowerBook
    motherboard : AAPL,3500 MacRISC
    detected as : 34 (PowerBook 3500)
    pmac flags : 00000001
    L2 cache : 512K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
    memory : 160MB
    pmac-generation : OldWorld

  12. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    Andrew J. Brehm wrote:

    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?

    This is from a dbox2:

    Linux (none) 2.4.20-dbox2 #1 Son Apr 13 14:33:10 CEST 2003 ppc unknown
    cpu : 8xx
    clock : 67MHz
    bus clock : 67MHz
    revision : 0.0 (pvr 0050 0000)
    bogomips : 66.96

    René
    --

  13. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    Andrew J. Brehm wrote:
    > I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
    > all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
    > exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
    > machines'.
    >
    > My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
    > good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
    >
    > Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
    > associated computer to andrew@netneurotic.net or post them here?
    >
    > Thank you.

    cpu : 740/750
    temperature : 27-29 C (uncalibrated)
    clock : 233MHz
    revision : 2.1 (pvr 0008 0201)
    bogomips : 466.94
    machine : Power Macintosh
    motherboard : AAPL,Gossamer MacRISC
    detected as : 48 (PowerMac G3 (Gossamer))
    pmac flags : 00000000
    L2 cache : 512K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
    memory : 224MB
    pmac-generation : OldWorld

    My new Power Mac! (well, new to me...) I just wish that I could
    figure out how to make the printers work!

  14. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:53:52 +0200, andrew@netneurotic.de (Andrew J.
    Brehm) wrote:

    cpu : 7410, altivec supported
    temperature : 1-76 C (uncalibrated)
    revision : 17.4 (pvr 800c 1104)
    bogomips : 999.42
    vendor : Motorola
    machine : MVME5100

  15. Re: /proc/cpuinfo

    Stefano Coluccini wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:53:52 +0200, andrew@netneurotic.de (Andrew J.
    > Brehm) wrote:
    >
    > cpu : 7410, altivec supported
    > temperature : 1-76 C (uncalibrated)
    > revision : 17.4 (pvr 800c 1104)
    > bogomips : 999.42
    > vendor : Motorola
    > machine : MVME5100

    What kind of machine is that? Sounds embedded?

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Fan of Woody Allen
    PowerPC User