How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC? - Powerpc ; What files do I need to burn onto my CD, and are there any special burn procedures? Help!...

  1. How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    What files do I need to burn onto my CD, and are there any special burn
    procedures? Help!

  2. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    Hiawatha Bray wrote:

    > What files do I need to burn onto my CD, and are there any special burn
    > procedures? Help!

    ..... once AGAIN, we direct your attention to YD site:
    http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/installation/
    ..
    \\\ http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mtobler/mjt_linux_page.html ///
    Quality Control, n.:
    The process of testing one out of every 1,000 units coming off
    a production line to make sure that at least one out of 100 works.

  3. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    "Hiawatha Bray" wrote in message
    > What files do I need to burn onto my CD, and are there any special burn
    > procedures? Help!

    Are you wanting to make a bootable CD?

  4. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    Yep...a mac-bootable CD. How?
    Thanks.

    "Weblistix Abuse" wrote in message
    > "Hiawatha Bray" wrote in message
    > > What files do I need to burn onto my CD, and are there any special burn
    > > procedures? Help!
    > >

    > Are you wanting to make a bootable CD?

  5. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    I am reading the instructions. It keeps talking about Yellow Dog Linux
    Install Disk 1. Which one is that? I downloaded a bunch of files. Which
    of them constitutes Install Disk 1, and how do I make a bootable copy of
    these files on a PC? Thanks.

  6. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

  7. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    ----------
    In article , Keith Keller
    wrote:

    Great! but how will anyone learn if they keep buying CD's from Terra???

  8. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

  9. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    Fine, but you should really get a better news reader if you
    can't see html...

    Keith Keller wrote:

    --

    Frank Meyer
    www.geocities.com/qybix

  10. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:21:57 -0500,
    Frank Meyer , in
    <3F27C675.40803@sasktel.net> wrote:

    +> Fine, but you should really get a better news reader if you
    +> can't see html...

    I'm sorry, that's a wrong answer. Usenet is of the mime type text/plain.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  11. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

    > +> Fine, but you should really get a better news reader if you
    > +> can't see html...
    >
    > I'm sorry, that's a wrong answer. Usenet is of the mime type text/plain.

    ACK - my newsserver even filtered the posting in question out (or was it
    canceled?).

    -Thomas

  12. Re: How do I create Yellow Dog Linux boot disk on PC?

+ Reply to Thread