To those who helped me out, thank you, I appreciate the help. To
"Whom" who sent me the help I needed to complete the install, my
thanks, it worked. The CD booted the GUI install and I was able to
install Linux. I have to say, though, that after working with OS X for
a while, neither KDE nor GNOME can measure up. I've used Linux for a
couple of years on my PC and I thought it might be different on the
Mac, but no. I prefer OS X and I think I'll stick to it. Anyway,
thanks a lot for the help.

--
True e-mail address: transop at sympatico dot ca