> clock : 199MHz
> revision : 2.2 (pvr 0009 0202)
> bogomips : 398.13
> machine : PReP IBM 43P-140 (Tiger1)
> upgrade cpu : not present
> scsi fuse : ok
> simms : 0:128MiB
> l2 cache : sync burst, parity, 1MiB

I'm not an expert, so attribute a 50% veracity level to what follows.

With exotic configuration most of the values reported by cat /proc/cpuinfo
are kind of exotic too. On the other hand, bogomips is more reliable than
the other ones: you should roughly get a value double that of the clock.

Example
With a PowerMac 9500/200 with a G3 500 Mhz daughter card, cat /proc/cpuinfo
reports:

cpu : 740/750
temperature : 19-21 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 195MHz <--- Wrong
revision : 131.2 (pvr 0008 8302)
bogomips : 999.42 <--- Roughly 500x2
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,9500 MacRISC
detected as : 16 (PowerMac 9500/9600)
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 512K unified <--- Wrong (see further below)
memory : 256MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

So, if you get the same bogomips and if your benchmarks report similar
results, it means that you should try to find a way to get Linux to run
your G3 at 300 Mhz and not 200 Mhz. With i686, you're supposed to be able
to use the cpufreq facility (see documentation in /usr/src/linux tree).
With PowerPC, I'm not sure this is possible, you have some research to do.

Note also the difference with the L2 cache between the 604e and the G3.
Another way (more reliable) to check it:

shell> sudo /sbin/sysctl -a | grep l2cr

Which should return something like:

kernel.l2cr = 0xb900000e: enabled, no parity, 1MB, +2 clock, pipelined
burst SRAM, copy-back, 0.5ns hold

You might want to investigate this and try to enable the L2 cache if it is
not. Google something like "linux G3 l2cr" to get acquainted with the
thing.