Hi all,
I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.1 on a Blue iMac, 400 Mhz G3, 640 MB
RAM, ATI Rage 128 with 8MB RAM. I have a free partition of about 4.5
MB. I can boot from CD, so I guess this is a "New World" Mac, whatever
that means. I'm new to the MacIntosh experience, but not to Linux. I
ran Linux on a PC fopr a couple of years.

When I try to install via the gui, the screen is all screwed up and
doesn't work. When I try the text interface, it workd, but when I get
to the language selection screen and choose a language--in this case
American English--I get an error message, the install brings me to the
license screen, I accept the license and then get brought back to the
language option screen and get that error message again--I should have
written it down. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?