X Configuration for PB 3400 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on X Configuration for PB 3400 - Powerpc ; This has probably been brought up and answered somewhere. So if you could direct me to the right resources on the net, I'd be very grateful. It's Debian 3.0 on my PB 3400. The X server seems to be misconfigured ...

  1. X Configuration for PB 3400

    This has probably been brought up and answered somewhere. So if you could
    direct me to the right resources on the net, I'd be very grateful.

    It's Debian 3.0 on my PB 3400. The X server seems to be misconfigured and as a
    result the screen flickers on and off. In the log file:
    (EE) Cannot read V_BIOS
    (WW) Mode pool is empty
    (EE) No valid modes found
    (EE) Screens found but non have a usable configuration

    Also, right now 'X' is turned off. How do I restart it when it's properly
    configured?

    ---Alex

  2. Re: X Configuration for PB 3400

    On 03 Jul 2003 18:21:43 GMT
    axd238@aol.com (Axd238) wrote:

    > This has probably been brought up and answered somewhere. So if you
    > could direct me to the right resources on the net, I'd be very grateful.
    >
    > It's Debian 3.0 on my PB 3400. The X server seems to be misconfigured
    > and as a result the screen flickers on and off. In the log file:
    > (EE) Cannot read V_BIOS
    > (WW) Mode pool is empty
    > (EE) No valid modes found
    > (EE) Screens found but non have a usable configuration
    >
    > Also, right now 'X' is turned off. How do I restart it when it's
    > properly configured?

    My conf for a PB3400:
    http://www.cs.auc.dk/~enrique/linux/laptop.html#Monitor

    To restart the X server either, use ctrl+alt+backspace (if it is running),
    change runlevel to 3 and back to 5, or if you run Gentoo /etc/init.d/xdm
    restart

    --
    Mvh. / Kind regards
    Henrik Farre

    http://www.cs.auc.dk/~enrique

  3. Re: X Configuration for PB 3400

    Thank you for the link.
    Debian seems to be using XFree86 4.1.0. Will any of your configurations work
    with it?
    Thank you,
    Alex

  4. Re: X Configuration for PB 3400

    On 03 Jul 2003 21:58:57 GMT
    axd238@aol.com (Axd238) wrote:

    > Thank you for the link.
    > Debian seems to be using XFree86 4.1.0. Will any of your configurations
    > work with it?

    Yes, the configuration for 4.2 should also work for 4.2, but if you want
    faster graphics you will need 4.3

    --
    Mvh. / Kind regards
    Henrik Farre