The ultimate Linux PowerPC advocacy - Powerpc

This is a discussion on The ultimate Linux PowerPC advocacy - Powerpc ; > As an Apple Authorized Reseller, Terra Soft is now receiving > pre-orders for Apple G5s. When the units are made available, Terra > Soft will prepare the drive with a partition for Yellow Dog Linux > and install Mac ...

  1. The ultimate Linux PowerPC advocacy

    > As an Apple Authorized Reseller, Terra Soft is now receiving
    > pre-orders for Apple G5s. When the units are made available, Terra
    > Soft will prepare the drive with a partition for Yellow Dog Linux
    > and install Mac OS X. With the G5, Terra Soft's customer will
    > receive the current Yellow Dog Linux CDs, 280-page "Getting
    > Started" book, sticker, and T-shirt. The updated Install CDs will
    > be shipped at no additional charge when the G5s are supported. In
    > addition, those who pre-order now will receive free installation
    > support.

    YDL G5s cost the same as those sold by the online Apple Store.
    So you'll get the goodies for no extra charge. Hard disks are vast
    these days, there's plenty of room for Linux and OS X. Terra
    Soft will install both.

    > To pre-order an Apple G5, visit Terra Soft's on-line Store.

    > Terra Soft anticipates Yellow Dog Linux support for G5 by the
    > close of August.

    YDL deserves applause. But it's important to remember that Linux
    also gives older machines new life. So projects like Debian
    GNU/Linux PPC are worthy of support.

    --
    links silly@well.com

  2. Re: The ultimate Linux PowerPC advocacy

    > Hard disks are vast these days, there's plenty of room for Linux
    > and OS X. Terra Soft will install both.

    No, I got that wrong, sort of. They do the partitioning and you do
    the installing of YDL. Which is the way to go if you want to custom
    install YDL. Especially since they'll provide free installation
    support to anyone who pre-orders a G5, due to ship in August.

    --
    links silly@well.com

+ Reply to Thread