Debian - First Boot - Kernel Panic - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Debian - First Boot - Kernel Panic - Powerpc ; Hi I'm trying to put Debian Woody (kernel 2.2xxxx ) on my PowerBook 3400. Everything goes fine till the first boot. I'm using BootX launched from Mac OS. At first Linux seems to be booting alright but it all ends ...

  1. Debian - First Boot - Kernel Panic

    Hi

    I'm trying to put Debian Woody (kernel 2.2xxxx ) on my PowerBook 3400.
    Everything goes fine till the first boot. I'm using BootX launched from Mac OS.
    At first Linux seems to be booting alright but it all ends up in the message
    "Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc cc10eefc lr cc10eed8 address 0 tsk
    cardmgr/179"
    After which it "successfully" reboots back into Mac OS.
    I tried to play around with boot parameters but to no purpose. I didn't find
    any specific recommendations for my particular powerbook though.

    Alex

  2. Re: Debian - First Boot - Kernel Panic

    Axd238 wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm trying to put Debian Woody (kernel 2.2xxxx ) on my PowerBook 3400.
    > Everything goes fine till the first boot. I'm using BootX launched from
    > Mac OS. At first Linux seems to be booting alright but it all ends up in
    > the message "Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc cc10eefc lr
    > cc10eed8 address 0 tsk cardmgr/179"
    > After which it "successfully" reboots back into Mac OS.
    > I tried to play around with boot parameters but to no purpose. I didn't
    > find any specific recommendations for my particular powerbook though.
    >
    > Alex

    "...cardmgr..." seems to indicate an issue with PCMIA. Do you have PC
    card(s) installed? If so, try without. That's all I can think of. Otherwise
    you might want to google: linux powerbook 3400 cardmgr.

+ Reply to Thread