Looking for Quick Fix - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Looking for Quick Fix - Powerpc ; I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant files, but debian ...

  1. Looking for Quick Fix

    I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
    failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
    dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
    files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
    machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
    x cfg.
    --
    Andrew Rutherford
    ajrutherford@mail.ru

  2. Re: Looking for Quick Fix

    Andrew Rutherford wrote:

    > I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
    > failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
    > dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
    > files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
    > machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
    > x cfg.

    1. Which version of XFree?
    2. What do you mean by "crashes"? Kernel Panic or XFree error? If the
    latter, what does "tail -n 100 /var/log/XFree86.0.log" say?
    3. What does the section device of your current XF86Config say?
    4. What video card do you use (cat /proc/pci)?

  3. Re: Looking for Quick Fix

    Whom writes:

    > Andrew Rutherford wrote:
    >

    > > I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
    > > failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
    > > dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
    > > files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
    > > machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
    > > x cfg.

    > 1. Which version of XFree?
    > 2. What do you mean by "crashes"? Kernel Panic or XFree error? If the
    > latter, what does "tail -n 100 /var/log/XFree86.0.log" say?
    > 3. What does the section device of your current XF86Config say?
    > 4. What video card do you use (cat /proc/pci)?

    Thanks for your interest in my crazed request, but I've got it sorted now.
    --
    Andrew Rutherford
    ajrutherford@mail.ru

+ Reply to Thread