Hi! I'm trying configuring VLAN on my linux guest partition on AS400
using proxy ARP.
That's what I've done on the AS400:
I create a virtual line desc.:
- CRTLINETH LIND(VETH)
RSRCNAME(CMN10)
ONLINE(*YES)
LINESPEED(1G)
DUPLEX(*FULL)
MAXFRAME(8996)

where
CMN10 268C Operational Ethernet Port

My real eth. line works properly (the name is ETHLIN)

Then, I create a new TCPIFC whith the external IP of my linux partion
ADDTCPIFC INTNETADR('ExternalIP') LIND(ETHLIN)
SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.0')
and that's all right.

Then I try to add a TCPIFC in my VLAN with this:
ADDTCPIFC INTNETADR('10.1.1.9')
LIND(VETH)
SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.248')
LCLIFC(ExternalIP')

But I obtain this error:
Message . . . . : LCLIFC parameter value ExternalIP not valid.

Cause . . . . . : The value specified for the associated local
interface
(LCLIFC) parameter is not valid. Reason code is 0015. Reason codes
and
their meanings follow:
0015 - The line type for the interface being added must be Frame Relay
(*FR)
to use associated local interface (LCLIFC) ExternalIP for unnumbered
net
support.

Can Anybody plese help Me?
I don't understand what I'm missin'.