Re: Linux Tablet - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Tablet - Portable ; JosephKK wrote: > Does anyone know of a tablet PC that runs Linux? I can give up some > fancy functionality (like handwriting recognition) so long as all the > normal stuff runs in Linux. Bigger screens are a bonus. ...

  1. Re: Linux Tablet

    JosephKK wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a tablet PC that runs Linux? I can give up some
    > fancy functionality (like handwriting recognition) so long as all the
    > normal stuff runs in Linux. Bigger screens are a bonus. like a
    > Fujitsu T1010.

    For example:

    http://www.emperorlinux.com/mfgr/lenovo/raven/

  2. Re: Linux Tablet

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:30:07 -0600, Chris Cox
    wrote:

    >JosephKK wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a tablet PC that runs Linux? I can give up some
    >> fancy functionality (like handwriting recognition) so long as all the
    >> normal stuff runs in Linux. Bigger screens are a bonus. like a
    >> Fujitsu T1010.
    >>

    >For example:
    >
    >http://www.emperorlinux.com/mfgr/lenovo/raven/

    Krikey, mate. They want 3 arms and 5 legs for one. Have you seen the
    price of those units bare (no OS < under $1k usually)? Over $1k
    premium just for installed linux? ****, that will buy a lot of my
    special discount hours (making it work as a gift for my daughter). I
    have also heard that the Fujitsu digitizers do not follow Wacom
    standards.

+ Reply to Thread