Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life. - Portable

This is a discussion on Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life. - Portable ; The Asus notebook-PC: model Eee 2G surf, at my local store priced equivalent to U$385, had no documentation. And the [linux] loading of Open-Office-2.0 was faster than my PC. So I guess it uses a fast CPU. But this means ...

  1. Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life.

    The Asus notebook-PC: model Eee 2G surf, at my local store
    priced equivalent to U$385, had no documentation.

    And the [linux] loading of Open-Office-2.0 was faster than
    my PC. So I guess it uses a fast CPU. But this means plenty
    battery power consumption ?

    Please tell what is the full-charged-battery-life expected to
    be. And what type of cells does it use ?

    TIA,

    ==Chris Glur.

  2. Re: Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life.

    a écrit dans le message de
    > The Asus notebook-PC: model Eee 2G surf, at my local store
    > priced equivalent to U$385, had no documentation.
    >
    > And the [linux] loading of Open-Office-2.0 was faster than
    > my PC. So I guess it uses a fast CPU. But this means plenty
    > battery power consumption ?
    >
    > Please tell what is the full-charged-battery-life expected to
    > be. And what type of cells does it use ?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > ==Chris Glur.

    Depends on the eeePC'S version. But it is not a fast CPU. 1.6 MHz
    at the most. There are now eeePC's with VIA orIntel (Atom) CPU,s.
    The latter should be faster.

    The increased loading probably is the result of the disk type.
    These computers use memory cards instead of hardware hard drives.

  3. Re: Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life.

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:36:35 -0400, Natéag
    wrote:

    > a écrit dans le message de
    >> The Asus notebook-PC: model Eee 2G surf, at my local store
    >> priced equivalent to U$385, had no documentation.
    >>
    >> And the [linux] loading of Open-Office-2.0 was faster than
    >> my PC. So I guess it uses a fast CPU. But this means plenty
    >> battery power consumption ?
    >>
    >> Please tell what is the full-charged-battery-life expected to
    >> be. And what type of cells does it use ?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> ==Chris Glur.
    >>

    >Depends on the eeePC'S version. But it is not a fast CPU. 1.6 MHz
    >at the most. There are now eeePC's with VIA orIntel (Atom) CPU,s.
    >The latter should be faster.
    >
    >The increased loading probably is the result of the disk type.
    >These computers use memory cards instead of hardware hard drives.

    Hi
    Here: http://wiki.eeeuser.com/eee_pc_701#models you find an overview
    of all the models including battery type/life and processor speed.
    The price you give is a littlebit much.
    Its a nice gadget. But keep in mind the screen is small.
    Bu

+ Reply to Thread