What happened at Lenovo - Portable

This is a discussion on What happened at Lenovo - Portable ; Lenovo seems to have dropped their Linux laptops, does anyone know if this is a permanent move or if they are just getting ready to switch over to a newer model?...

  1. What happened at Lenovo

    Lenovo seems to have dropped their Linux laptops, does anyone know if this
    is a permanent move or if they are just getting ready to switch over to a
    newer model?

  2. Re: What happened at Lenovo

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:38:02 -0500, General Schvantzkopf
    wrote:

    >Lenovo seems to have dropped their Linux laptops, does anyone know if this
    >is a permanent move or if they are just getting ready to switch over to a
    >newer model?

    Hmm,

    Found one:

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...oID=isrc00234&

    but it doesn't show up via the main laptop sales page.

    I notice a lot of new models. Where there were a bunch of T61s a few
    days ago they now show T400 and T500.

    Hopefully they're busy polishing Linux on the new models. We shall
    see.

    Bill
    --
    William D Waddington