eee 901 - Portable

This is a discussion on eee 901 - Portable ; Anyone actually seen an asus eee 901 on linux yet? any good?...

  1. eee 901

    Anyone actually seen an asus eee 901 on linux yet? any good?

  2. Re: eee 901

    "bobharvey" wrote in message
    > Anyone actually seen an asus eee 901 on linux yet? any good?

    I've heard the battery life on it sucks, big time.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Website: http://nokiAAddict.com

  3. Re: eee 901

    Not tryed the 901 yet but not had a problem with my 701 .
    --
    All your carrots are belong to me.

  4. Re: eee 901

    On 4 Aug, 09:18, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" wrote:

    > > Anyone actually seen an asus eee 901 on linux yet? *any good?

    > I've heard the battery life on it sucks, big time.

    That's queer, it is supposed to be the strongest point!

  5. Re: eee 901

    In bobharvey writes:

    >On 4 Aug, 09:18, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" wrote:

    >> > Anyone actually seen an asus eee 901 on linux yet? =A0any good?

    >> I've heard the battery life on it sucks, big time.

    >That's queer, it is supposed to be the strongest point!

    The Asus Eee 701 is the one with the battery problem, not the 901,

    HTH,
    Uli
    --
    Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
    Stormweg 24 |Pale Bride (The Von Bondies), No Time (Statues),

  6. Re: eee 901

    wrote in message
    > In
    > bobharvey writes:

    >>> I've heard the battery life on it sucks, big time.

    >>That's queer, it is supposed to be the strongest point!

    > The Asus Eee 701 is the one with the battery problem, not the 901,
    >
    > HTH,
    > Uli
    > --
    > Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
    > Stormweg 24 |Pale Bride (The Von Bondies), No Time
    > (Statues),
    > 24539 Neumuenster, Germany|Am Strand (Smoke Blow), Sacred Decay (The
    > Estranged)

    Well friend of mine who has the 701 and just purchased the 901 said the
    battery went on the 901 within 30mins, now that's crap!

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Website: http://nokiAAddict.com

  7. Re: eee 901

    Sounds like a faulty batt.
    My 701 lasts forever!

    --
    All your carrots are belong to me.

  8. Re: eee 901

    In <489a9d1b$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net> "Digital Donkey" writes:

    >Sounds like a faulty batt.
    >My 701 lasts forever!

    Unfortunately, there are two different battery packs used in the 701's.
    The newer ones only got a low capacity battery pack, Asus changed this rather
    quietly when the battery supply went low and the price up...

    HTH,
    Uli
    --
    Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
    Stormweg 24 |Pale Bride (The Von Bondies), No Time (Statues),
    24539 Neumuenster, Germany|Am Strand (Smoke Blow), Sacred Decay (The Estranged)

+ Reply to Thread