Recent Linux PDA? - Portable

This is a discussion on Recent Linux PDA? - Portable ; Peter Flynn writes: > One final question for anyone who knows: does the wireless networking > in the N800 support WPA? All the corporate and academic networks I use Yes, and WPA2 too. You can verify this from N800 manual ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    Peter Flynn writes:

    > One final question for anyone who knows: does the wireless networking
    > in the N800 support WPA? All the corporate and academic networks I use

    Yes, and WPA2 too.

    You can verify this from N800 manual at
    http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N800_UG_en.pdf

  2. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    Ari Yrjölä wrote:
    > Peter Flynn writes:
    >
    >> One final question for anyone who knows: does the wireless networking
    >> in the N800 support WPA? All the corporate and academic networks I use

    > Yes, and WPA2 too.
    >
    > You can verify this from N800 manual at
    > http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N800_UG_en.pdf

    Many thanks.

    ///Peter

  3. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    Peter Flynn wrote:
    > Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

    So I took the plunge and got an N800. It's exactly as described and
    works perfectly for what I want...now all I need is a Stowaway keyboard :-)

    ///Peter

  4. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    Congratulations. Does it work as a PDA - does it run under the Windows
    Mobile 5? Can you transfer files to it from your PC?
    Rgds
    Per
    "Peter Flynn" skrev i en meddelelse
    > Peter Flynn wrote:
    >> Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

    > So I took the plunge and got an N800. It's exactly as described and works
    > perfectly for what I want...now all I need is a Stowaway keyboard :-)
    >
    > ///Peter

  5. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    Redshoes wrote:
    > Congratulations. Does it work as a PDA

    It *is* a PDA.

    > - does it run under the Windows Mobile 5?

    No, certainly not. What an obscene idea :-)
    It runs Linux.

    > Can you transfer files to it from your PC?

    Yes, very easily. I installed OpenSSH so I can scp files easily over IP
    using any text or GUI file transfer program which supports ssh/scp; or
    use obexftp and a Bluetooth adapter. kobexclient provides a very nice
    GUI interface for the PC.

    QPE Contacts and Calendar and ToDo and dozens of other things work
    perfectly. Reads mail, browses the web, plays music and videos, games,
    and all the usual pastimes :-)

    It does not, however, make love or coffee. There's probably an Open
    Source project working on those :-)

    ///Peter

  6. Re: Recent Linux PDA?

    "Redshoes" writes:

    > Congratulations. Does it work as a PDA

    In what sense? It doesn't come provided with obvious PDA applications
    like a calendar, address book, etc., but they're fairly easily
    installable.

    > - does it run under the Windows Mobile 5?

    No, it runs GNU/Linux.

    > Can you transfer files to it from your PC?

    Sure. It has two SD card slots and a mini-USB socket. The two SD
    cards (presuming both are installed) appear as standard USB
    mass-storage. (Obviously you could also remove the cards and stick
    files on them using a card reader.) You could also install scp or
    sshd or something and copy that way.

    [...]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2