help on keyboard - Portable

This is a discussion on help on keyboard - Portable ; My 760el's keyboard quit working on me. It's not software. What should I do....

  1. help on keyboard

    My 760el's keyboard quit working on me. It's not software. What should
    I do.

  2. Re: help on keyboard

    [ duplicate newsfroup trimmed ]
    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.portable.]
    eclinux94@gmail.com staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > My [Thinkpad] 760EL's keyboard quit working on me. It's not software.
    > What should I do[?]

    For about $350, you could get a much faster and more modern refurbished
    laptop, like a Thinkpad A22p. It's probably time to do that. Finding a
    replacement keyboard for a machine as old as a Thinkpad 760EL is
    probably going to be difficult (and pricy). Replacing it'll be
    annoying, and when you *have* it replaced, you've got a P120 with a
    lousy 800x600 LCD and a max of 128 (or 64!)M. This is completely
    non-cool for running anything partially modern, so it's time to update.

    --
    >Sci-fi shows jump the shark when they introduce time travel.

    Can a series jump the shark straight off, or does it need to get a bigger
    shark? --Brian Kantor and David Delaney in ASR

  3. Re: help on keyboard

    Try "The Laptop Guy at 614-487-9674

    www.LaptopGuy.com/att

    y [Thinkpad] 760EL's keyboard quit working on me. It's not software.
    >>What should I do[?]

    > For about $350, you could get a much faster and more modern refurbished
    > laptop, like a Thinkpad A22p. It's probably time to do that. Finding a
    > replacement keyboard for a machine as old as a Thinkpad 760EL is
    > probably going to be difficult (and pricy). Replacing it'll be
    > annoying, and when you *have* it replaced, you've got a P120 with a
    > lousy 800x600 LCD and a max of 128 (or 64!)M. This is completely
    > non-cool for running anything partially modern, so it's time to update.

    Laptop Guy carries a bunch of ggod used refurbished labtops. I bought an
    old TP 760XD from him several years ago that I still use for field data
    collection.

    Angelo Campanella

+ Reply to Thread