Linux on HP dv9205eu ? - Portable

This is a discussion on Linux on HP dv9205eu ? - Portable ; Hi, I want to buy a new PC laptop. I'm interested by the HP pavilion dv9205eu . Does anyone know if it is possible to install linux on that machine ? I read on the net that some HP computers ...

  1. Linux on HP dv9205eu ?

    Hi,

    I want to buy a new PC laptop. I'm interested by the HP pavilion dv9205eu .

    Does anyone know if it is possible to install linux on that machine ? I
    read on the net that some HP computers (and other construtors as well)
    were locked in order to prevent from customers to replace the OEM OS
    sold with it by another one.

    Is it true ? Is there any solution to work around this limitation ?

    Regards,

    C.Kid.

  2. Re: Linux on HP dv9205eu ?

    Hello,

    Go to the shop with a Knoppix CD and boot the beast on it... You'll know
    then.

    Ciao @+

    ckid wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to buy a new PC laptop. I'm interested by the HP pavilion dv9205eu
    > .
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to install linux on that machine ? I
    > read on the net that some HP computers (and other construtors as well)
    > were locked in order to prevent from customers to replace the OEM OS
    > sold with it by another one.
    >
    > Is it true ? Is there any solution to work around this limitation ?
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > C.Kid.

+ Reply to Thread