380XD redhat 8.0 WIFI - Portable

This is a discussion on 380XD redhat 8.0 WIFI - Portable ; Got problem geting on internet.I can acces my WIFI acces point by ping and config interface but past that I can not acces my router >and internet.? What is up?Firewall is disablet or is it? What info and files i ...

  1. 380XD redhat 8.0 WIFI

    Got problem geting on internet.I can acces my WIFI acces point by ping
    and config interface but past that I can not acces my router >and
    internet.?

    What is up?Firewall is disablet or is it?
    What info and files i should look to start this proces?

    IP is assignet.(NO DHCP)

    When I boot win 987 i gent with the same hardware on internet but
    REDhat 8.0 wont get me there.

    Please email me:u4net"AT"freeshell.org subject:380XD

  2. Re: 380XD redhat 8.0 WIFI

    "linux konqueror in progress" writes:

    >Got problem geting on internet.I can acces my WIFI acces point by ping
    >and config interface but past that I can not acces my router >and
    >internet.?

    Fine.

    So you are connected to your wireless AP? What is the IP address assigned
    to your wireless card?
    ifconfig

    What is the IP address of the wireless router?
    (You need to know that)
    route -n
    The line that starts with 0.0.0.0 -- is the next number the IP of the
    access point? If not you may have problems.
    If there is no line starting with 0.0.0.0 then as root do
    route add default gw 111.222.333.444
    where the IP address should be the address of your access point.

    Note Are you assigning the IP under windows or is it getting its own via
    dhcp?

    >What is up?Firewall is disablet or is it?

    We of course cannot know. Do you have a firewall in place? What operating
    system is it?

    >What info and files i should look to start this proces?

    >IP is assignet.(NO DHCP)

    >When I boot win 987 i gent with the same hardware on internet but
    >REDhat 8.0 wont get me there.

    That is a very old version of redhat. I would worry a lot about going on t
    he net with it. (Mind you not as much as going on with Windows 98)

    >Please email me:u4net"AT"freeshell.org subject:380XD

    No, responses to the newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread