Hi!
I am planning to write a WLAN software for Linux (if possible to
phones built on linux and having support for wifi e.g., Motorola A910).
I can program in C and have fairly good knowledge of 802.11 MAC and
have read (and got a good understanding of) the standard. I am don't
have idea on what is the starting point in gaining the skills needed to
write the software. The software finds the SSID's available (and info
such as type of network, infrastructure or Ad-hoc), tries to
associate/authenticate to a signal based on their security
configuration (WEP, WPA-TKIP, 802.1x) and get other information such as
signal strength etc.

Thanks in advance,
BB.