Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection - Portable

This is a discussion on Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection - Portable ; Hi, Several months ago I ran across and lost pointers to an article that mentioned a company that was funded by DoD to develop a wireless NIC that includes an internal processor running a stateful inspection firewall on top of ...

  1. Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection

    Hi,

    Several months ago I ran across and lost pointers to an article that
    mentioned a company that was funded by DoD to develop a wireless NIC
    that includes an internal processor running a stateful inspection
    firewall on top of Linux. Who makes the NIC?

    Thanks,
    Ed

  2. Re: Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection

    the.loquitur@gmail.com wrote:
    || Hi,
    || Several months ago I ran across and lost pointers to an
    || article that mentioned a company that was funded by DoD to
    || develop a wireless NIC that includes an internal processor
    || running a stateful inspection firewall on top of Linux. Who
    || makes the NIC?

    Google?

    Read: http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

    "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know
    I'm not dumb ... and I'm also not blonde." -- Dolly Parton

  3. Re: Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection

    BJ in Texas wrote:

    > the.loquitur@gmail.com wrote:
    > || Hi,
    > || Several months ago I ran across and lost pointers to an
    > || article that mentioned a company that was funded by DoD to
    > || develop a wireless NIC that includes an internal processor
    > || running a stateful inspection firewall on top of Linux. Who
    > || makes the NIC?
    >
    > Google?

    Silly! Google's not into hardware, yet :-)
    --
    derek

  4. Re: Wireless NIC running Linux that offers stateful inspection

    Derek Broughton wrote:
    > BJ in Texas wrote:

    >>Google?
    >>

    > Silly! Google's not into hardware, yet :-)

    I thought there was flap about them going in with some budget hardware
    company to produce a US$150 laptop for third world kids? ICBW.

+ Reply to Thread