Use toshiba S5200 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?sp=E9cial_features?= - Portable

This is a discussion on Use toshiba S5200 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?sp=E9cial_features?= - Portable ; Hello, I've just installed ubuntu on my toshiba S5200 and I'like to know if I can use features as the remote, the Fn+F5 to switch the display device, the memory card reader, or the clock? Moreover, the lightness at the ...

  1. Use toshiba S5200 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?sp=E9cial_features?=

    Hello,

    I've just installed ubuntu on my toshiba S5200 and I'like to know if I
    can use features as the remote, the Fn+F5 to switch the display device,
    the memory card reader, or the clock?
    Moreover, the lightness at the start up is very dark and I change it
    manually. Is it possible to start with a luminous screen?

    Thank you

    --
    Marc

  2. Re: Use toshiba S5200 =?iso-8859-1?Q?sp=E9cial?= features

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 19:14:24 +0100, marc ebelin staggered into the Black
    Sun and said:
    > I've just installed ubuntu on my toshiba S5200

    Is this a Satellite 5200, or a Satellite 5200-801? (Or do both
    designations refer to the same model? Details usually count.)

    > I'd like to know if I can use features as the remote, the Fn+F5 to
    > switch the display device, the memory card reader, or the clock?

    http://tuxmobil.org/toshiba.html and looking up the 5200 gives a few
    pages, at least one of which is 404ing right now.
    http://godlewski.info/toshiba/index.html , maybe? It would help with a
    few things like ACPI and the function keys.

    None of the pages mentioned a remote of any type; can you describe this
    more fully? Pressing a key combination to switch the display device is
    common, but getting that working properly usually requires a change to
    xorg.conf . This laptop probably has an nVidia video chip, so the thing
    to do is to read Appendix I of the evil binary-only nVidia kernel
    module's README. That doesn't sound encouraging for version 7676 of the
    evil kernel module, so try a more recent version if you can.

    > Moreover, the lightness at the start up is very dark and I change it
    > manually. Is it possible to start with a luminous screen?

    Maybe. I dunno; the pages out there don't have as much info as you'd
    like (though at least one of them's en franšais.) Ah well. HTH anyway,

    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

+ Reply to Thread