Re: Mandriva and Laptops - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Mandriva and Laptops - Portable ; On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:07:03 +0000, ArameFarpado wrote: > Hi guys How do you know we're all guys? Could be girls, dogs, aliens, zombies.... > Laptops have all those functions to save battery power in order to make the ...

  1. Re: Mandriva and Laptops

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:07:03 +0000, ArameFarpado wrote:

    > Hi guys

    How do you know we're all guys? Could be girls, dogs, aliens, zombies....

    > Laptops have all those functions to save battery power in order to make the
    > battery last the maximum...

    ....and die just before you get to save your work :-(

    > i've read a lot of controverse info about this matter, some of it look to me
    > a lot a crap, like burned processores and so on...
    >
    > I might have to install linux in laptops, so i'm asking:
    > What is going on really? Does mandriva have good tools to control all those
    > power-saving circuits ? and what about the hybernation function ? works
    > fine ?

    Depends on too much stuff outside the software to say anything definitive.
    BIOS details and power bus control connections for example, APM or APCI
    implementation and bugs etc etc.

    Note I'm crossposting this to c.o.l.p to get some more useful input from
    there.

    Mention to us what kind of laptops you are talking about and you'll get
    more back.

    --
    mark south: world citizen, net denizen
    echo znexfbhgu2000@lnubb.pb.hx|tr a-z n-za-m

  2. Re: Mandriva and Laptops

    Mark South wrote:

    > How do you know we're all guys? Could be girls, dogs, aliens, zombies....

    Dogs don't compute...

    >> Laptops have all those functions to save battery power in order to make
    >> the battery last the maximum...

    > ...and die just before you get to save your work :-(

    sometimes

    > Mention to us what kind of laptops you are talking about and you'll get
    > more back.

    Don't know that yet... i just want to know from people that have allready
    linux on laptops simple things like:
    Hybernation stuff works?
    You see how much battery you have and if it warns you to charge... ?

    I've never installed linux on a laptop (just desktops) and i've been reading
    a lot of crap about these matters, and so this is the reason for my
    question here

    Thanks
    ArameFarpado

  3. Re: Mandriva and Laptops

    On 2006-02-17, ArameFarpado wrote:
    > Mark South wrote:
    >

    >> How do you know we're all guys? Could be girls, dogs, aliens, zombies....

    > Dogs don't compute...

    And they can't look up.

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins
    "Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

    http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings [ESC]:wq

+ Reply to Thread