Atheros drivers--where to find? - Portable

This is a discussion on Atheros drivers--where to find? - Portable ; Hi. I have a ThinkPad R40 with an Atheros dual band mini-PCI card in it. It works fine under Windows, but it's my understanding that there is not yet a version of the driver for Linux. I have located the ...

  1. Atheros drivers--where to find?

    Hi. I have a ThinkPad R40 with an Atheros dual band mini-PCI card in
    it. It works fine under Windows, but it's my understanding that there
    is not yet a version of the driver for Linux. I have located the .sys
    driver file, but the corresponding .inf file is nowhere to be found.
    It is my understand that I need the latter to use ndswrapper so I can
    use it under Linux.

    Does anyone know where I can find a[n updated] driver with the
    associated .inf file so I can ndswrap it?

    MTIA, Matt

  2. Re: Atheros drivers--where to find?

    > Hi. I have a ThinkPad R40 with an Atheros dual band mini-PCI card in
    > it. It works fine under Windows, but it's my understanding that there
    > is not yet a version of the driver for Linux. I have located the .sys

    A native Linux driver is available at http://madwifi.org/, it works fine on
    my Thinkpad X40. Binary packages may already be included in your
    distribution, perhaps in some kind of a special non-GPL section (the driver
    contains closed-source parts).

    Best regards,
    Matthias

  3. Re: Atheros drivers--where to find?

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:32:13 -0800, Gerbilio wrote:

    > Hi. I have a ThinkPad R40 with an Atheros dual band mini-PCI card in
    > it. It works fine under Windows, but it's my understanding that there
    > is not yet a version of the driver for Linux. I have located the .sys
    > driver file, but the corresponding .inf file is nowhere to be found.
    > It is my understand that I need the latter to use ndswrapper so I can
    > use it under Linux.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find a[n updated] driver with the
    > associated .inf file so I can ndswrap it?

    Are you certain that it doesn't work with the madwifi driver(s)?
    --
    mark south: world citizen, net denizen
    echo znexfbhgu2000@lnubb.pb.hx|tr a-z n-za-m

  4. Re: Atheros drivers--where to find?

    Interestingly, I reinstalled SuSE with the Atheros card installed, and
    it seemed to install it alright. However, whenever I try to connect to
    the wireless access point on bootup, the AP would crash--which greatly
    annoys my colleagues.

    So okay, what would make a client computer make an AP crash?

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread