Hello everybody
Iam using a Debian Sarge 3.1 with a fresh compiled 2.6.14.4 kernel
My touchpad worked as a PS/2 mouse without any special features, so I
installed the Synaptics package.

The touchpad now works fine with all the fancy features like scrolling
and tapping.
But when I click on anything like an icon by tapping, The click is
activated after a while (approximately a second).
The strange thing that this didn't happen before applying the Synaptics
module.
It also doesn't happen when I click by the left-click button.

I tried every Option in the XF86Config file with no luck.
Thanks for help ..

Specs: (Dell Latitude D505)
1) AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint touchpad
2) Custom compiled linux 2.6.14.4 - (No unofficial patches applied)
(appropriate psmouse and evdev modules are inserted)
3) Latest Synaptics 0.14.4 module
4) XFree86 with configuration file as shown in the README.alps file in
the Synaptics package
5) Debian Sarge 3.1

XF86Config: (Related part only)
Driver "synaptics"