Linux on Asus Z8309V? - Portable

This is a discussion on Linux on Asus Z8309V? - Portable ; Hi all, did anybody succeed in installing Linux (which distribution?) on the Asus Z8309V. I think of buying it, but would like to be sure that the graphics card, sound and WLAN work. Thanks, -Armin...

  1. Linux on Asus Z8309V?

    Hi all,

    did anybody succeed in installing Linux (which distribution?) on
    the Asus Z8309V.

    I think of buying it, but would like to be sure that the graphics card,
    sound and WLAN work.

    Thanks,
    -Armin

  2. Re: Linux on Asus Z8309V?

    m94asr@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > did anybody succeed in installing Linux (which distribution?) on
    > the Asus Z8309V.
    >
    > I think of buying it, but would like to be sure that the graphics card,
    > sound and WLAN work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Armin

    your best bet is to download and press Knoppix ( www.knopper.net ),
    which is a live CD. If everything works, you can be pretty sure that
    Debian (which it's based on) will run.

    HTH

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread