Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II ? - Portable

This is a discussion on Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II ? - Portable ; Hello, my Asus L8400 finished it's life span and Asus is not capable keeping the appropriate spare parts. As a new laptop I am currently thinking about the Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II as seen here: http://notebook.samsung.de/article.a...4-748AC30893FF (sorry for the ...

  1. Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II ?

    Hello,

    my Asus L8400 finished it's life span and Asus is not capable keeping
    the appropriate spare parts.

    As a new laptop I am currently thinking about the
    Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II
    as seen here:
    http://notebook.samsung.de/article.a...4-748AC30893FF
    (sorry for the German link...)

    What is your experience with this machine?
    Linux (SuSE 9.2)?

    thanks in advance
    ME

  2. Re: Samsung X20 XVM 1730 II ?

    > What is your experience with this machine?

    I don't know about Suse and I have no experience with that particular
    Samsung X20, but I run Linux (Kanotix) on a Samsung X05 and it works fine.
    Just download a live distro-CD (eg. Kanotix, Knoppix etc.) and test start
    with it before buying. I compared a few Samsung's at the time of buying the
    X05 I found not all booted the live CD which is obviously hardware related.

+ Reply to Thread