How to switch off a LCD Display by software? - Portable

This is a discussion on How to switch off a LCD Display by software? - Portable ; Hello, how can I switch off the LCD display of my laptop (IBM T22) with a cli command, if I don't use it for a while? Thanks in advance, Thomas. -- ++ Thomas Bengs +++++++++++++++++++++++++ | /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign ...

  1. How to switch off a LCD Display by software?

    --
    ++ Thomas Bengs +++++++++++++++++++++++++ | /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    ++ tomi@virago.in-chemnitz.de +++++++++++ | \ / against

  2. Re: How to switch off a LCD Display by software?

    Dr. Thomas Bengs wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > how can I switch off the LCD display of my laptop (IBM T22) with a cli
    > command, if I don't use it for a while?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Thomas.

    i810switch lcd off

  3. Re: How to switch off a LCD Display by software?

    Dr. Thomas Bengs wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > how can I switch off the LCD display of my laptop (IBM T22) with a cli
    > command, if I don't use it for a while?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Thomas.

    If Option "DPMS" is set in X for your monitor, then...

    xset dpms force off

    ....should do it

+ Reply to Thread