Activating some Fn keys (ACPI) - Portable

This is a discussion on Activating some Fn keys (ACPI) - Portable ; Hi I noticed that on my laptop with my current kernel (2.6.13.1 with suspend2 patch) some of Fn keys do not generate acpi events. My laptop is a Linuxcertified LC2210. Fn+F1 does generate an [SLPB] event in /var/log/acpid.log but Fn+F4 ...

  1. Activating some Fn keys (ACPI)

    Hi

    I noticed that on my laptop with my current kernel (2.6.13.1 with suspend2
    patch) some of Fn keys do not generate acpi events. My laptop is a
    Linuxcertified LC2210. Fn+F1 does generate an [SLPB] event
    in /var/log/acpid.log but Fn+F4 (monitor switch) does not. I am planning to
    use i810switch (btw. this nifty program solves the
    X-server-running-and-activating-the-external-display problem for me) and
    bind it to Fn+F4.

    If I boot up with an external projector connected, and then use Fn+F4, it
    works as it should (LCD->LCD+CRT->CRT->LCD), but once the xserver is
    running, it seems to be unresponsive.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Activating some Fn keys (ACPI)

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:49:31 -0400, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I noticed that on my laptop with my current kernel (2.6.13.1 with suspend2
    > patch) some of Fn keys do not generate acpi events. My laptop is a
    > Linuxcertified LC2210. Fn+F1 does generate an [SLPB] event
    > in /var/log/acpid.log but Fn+F4 (monitor switch) does not. I am planning to
    > use i810switch (btw. this nifty program solves the
    > X-server-running-and-activating-the-external-display problem for me) and
    > bind it to Fn+F4.
    >
    > If I boot up with an external projector connected, and then use Fn+F4, it
    > works as it should (LCD->LCD+CRT->CRT->LCD), but once the xserver is
    > running, it seems to be unresponsive.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have the same problem on my Asus A2, but after playing on my main
    computer with dual monitor I have this idea that adding an extra monitor
    to your device might solve the problem, at least partially. Haven't
    tested it yet. As far as I figured it out, Fn- (in your case
    F4) doesn't generate an acpi event at all, but is hard-coded in your
    laptop. I might be mistaken though...

  3. Re: Activating some Fn keys (ACPI)

    Chasalin wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:49:31 -0400, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I noticed that on my laptop with my current kernel (2.6.13.1 with
    >> suspend2 patch) some of Fn keys do not generate acpi events. My laptop is
    >> a Linuxcertified LC2210. Fn+F1 does generate an [SLPB] event
    >> in /var/log/acpid.log but Fn+F4 (monitor switch) does not. I am planning
    >> to use i810switch (btw. this nifty program solves the
    >> X-server-running-and-activating-the-external-display problem for me) and
    >> bind it to Fn+F4.
    >>
    >> If I boot up with an external projector connected, and then use Fn+F4, it
    >> works as it should (LCD->LCD+CRT->CRT->LCD), but once the xserver is
    >> running, it seems to be unresponsive.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > I have the same problem on my Asus A2, but after playing on my main
    > computer with dual monitor I have this idea that adding an extra monitor
    > to your device might solve the problem, at least partially. Haven't
    > tested it yet. As far as I figured it out, Fn- (in your case
    > F4) doesn't generate an acpi event at all, but is hard-coded in your
    > laptop. I might be mistaken though...

    Well, I need to have it recognized as an ACPI event to use i810switch with
    it. Is there a way to configure acpi to recognize it as such ?

+ Reply to Thread