Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux - Portable

This is a discussion on Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux - Portable ; I'm having trouble compiling open source Mplayer on MV CEE 3.1. (compilation errors) Anyone have any tips/tricks? Thanks...

  1. Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux

    I'm having trouble compiling open source Mplayer on MV CEE 3.1.
    (compilation errors)

    Anyone have any tips/tricks?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:32:46 GMT, John Edwards staggered into the Black
    Sun and said:
    > I'm having trouble compiling open source Mplayer on MV CEE 3.1.
    > (compilation errors). Anyone have any tips/tricks?

    When asking a question about compilation errors, the most important
    thing you can do is to post the first error that gcc spits out. Until
    you do that, nobody will be able to help you. It's highly probable that
    a development package isn't installed, or a needed library is installed
    in a weird place, or something like that. It's also useful to read
    http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html , even though it's
    snarky.

    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  3. Re: Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux

    Nothing better to do with your time than gives posting lessons on Usenets
    Geronimo?

    "Dances With Crows" wrote in message
    news:slrndjllj0.dsp.danSPANceswitTRAPhcrows@samant ha.crow202.dyndns.org...
    > On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:32:46 GMT, John Edwards staggered into the Black
    > Sun and said:
    > > I'm having trouble compiling open source Mplayer on MV CEE 3.1.
    > > (compilation errors). Anyone have any tips/tricks?

    > When asking a question about compilation errors, the most important
    > thing you can do is to post the first error that gcc spits out. Until
    > you do that, nobody will be able to help you. It's highly probable that
    > a development package isn't installed, or a needed library is installed
    > in a weird place, or something like that. It's also useful to read
    > http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html , even though it's
    > snarky.
    >
    > --
    > Matt G|There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to

    see
    > Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin / mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong
    > http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    > -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  4. Re: Running Mplayer on MontaVista Linux

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:15:40 GMT, John Edwards staggered into the Black
    Sun and said:

    Don't top-post, and *trim* your posts. Rearranged for easier reading:

    > "Dances With Crows" wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:32:46 GMT, John Edwards staggered into the
    >> Black Sun and said:
    >> > I'm having trouble compiling open source Mplayer on MV CEE 3.1.
    >> > (compilation errors). Anyone have any tips/tricks?

    >> When asking a question about compilation errors, the most important
    >> thing you can do is to post the first error that gcc spits out.
    >> Until you do that, nobody will be able to help you.

    So, where's this information? Without it, nobody will be able to
    diagnose anything, and the only suggestions you'll get will be "Post the
    first compile error."

    >> probable that a development package isn't installed, or a needed
    >> library is installed in a weird place, or something like that. It's
    >> also useful to read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ,
    >> even though it's snarky.

    > Nothing better to do with your time than gives posting lessons on
    > Usenets Geronimo?

    Well, you certainly seem to need the advice. Follow it, or the
    suggestions you receive will be less than helpful.

    Since you didn't post the information necessary to diagnose/fix the
    problem, but instead complained that I told you what you needed to do,
    I'm guessing you don't really want to solve the problem. I'm willing to
    give you the benefit of the doubt, though, so post that first compile
    error.

    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

+ Reply to Thread