PCMCIA hard fax/modem - Portable

This is a discussion on PCMCIA hard fax/modem - Portable ; Hello, anyone that can recommend a hardware PCMCIA fax/modem working with Linux? All I seem to find those days are softmodems, and the hard ones listed as working with Linux are not in production anymore. Thanks a....

  1. PCMCIA hard fax/modem

    Hello,

    anyone that can recommend a hardware PCMCIA fax/modem working with Linux?

    All I seem to find those days are softmodems, and the hard ones listed as
    working with Linux are not in production anymore.

    Thanks
    a.

  2. Re: PCMCIA hard fax/modem

    A. Melinte wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > anyone that can recommend a hardware PCMCIA fax/modem working with
    > Linux?
    >
    > All I seem to find those days are softmodems, and the hard ones listed
    > as working with Linux are not in production anymore.

    That's strange since.....

    http://www.zoomtel.com/products/dial_up_pc_card.html

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: PCMCIA hard fax/modem

    Lenard wrote:

    > A. Melinte wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> anyone that can recommend a hardware PCMCIA fax/modem working with
    >> Linux?

    I have a really nice one from IBM that I've sent
    group 3 faxes from and it's 56k and X2 capable.
    It says 'cellular capable' too, I guess that's what
    that odd dongle port is for.
    if you want to see an example:

    http://www.laptopbattery.net/cellularmodem02k4249.htm

    Don't worry that that link doesn't list linux under
    the supported os. I've used it with both my thinkpad 390
    and T41 laptops with Redhat and Fedora (I used it to send
    a fax yesterday in linux via the fax command line
    app). I used it to get to my ISP before I got DSL.
    mark

+ Reply to Thread