Zaurus SL-C3000 rotation broken - Portable

This is a discussion on Zaurus SL-C3000 rotation broken - Portable ; My rotating screen Zaurus has screwed itself up (or maybe I did it :-). When I open it (landscape) it displays in portrait mode, then decides to rotate *part* of the screen to landscape. When I start an app it ...

  1. Zaurus SL-C3000 rotation broken

    My rotating screen Zaurus has screwed itself up (or maybe I did it
    :-). When I open it (landscape) it displays in portrait mode, then
    decides to rotate *part* of the screen to landscape. When I start an app
    it starts in portrait mode and works OK. But no way can I get back to
    using landscape mode.

    The following do not work:
    - reboot
    - the rotate menu option
    - an combination of opening and closing the lid, and physically rotating
    it.

    I have not done many changes to the system: I have not touched the ROM,
    I have just imported my data, and installed a few extra programs:
    mplayer, kino2, ltris, brickout...

    I have looked around the config files in /etc but can not find anything.
    /home/zaurus/Settings/display.conf looked promising but editing it
    seems to make no difference.

    Any suggestions ?

    --
    Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
    Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus

  2. Re: Zaurus SL-C3000 rotation broken [SOLVED]

    Simon Kellett writes:

    > My rotating screen Zaurus has screwed itself up

    Replying to my own post for anyone else's benefit: the answer came from
    http://www.oesf.org/forums. Here is a summary of what I did in response
    to help from there:

    My qpe.conf had the [Rotation] section in, but it was empty. So I added
    the "HReverse = 1" and saved the file. It does not take effect
    immediately, but when I physically rotated the screen to portrait it was
    read and took effect. I rotated the screen back to landscape and it
    works fine now :-)

    --
    Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
    Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus

+ Reply to Thread