On 15 Aug 2005 00:00:51 GMT, Unruh dijo:

>Marek Williams writes:
>
>>On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:32:53 -0400, General Schvantzkoph
>> dijo:

>>It took a long time (because I'm a n00b), but I finally got the wifi
>>working with ndiswrapper. There's still a problem though. It works
>>fine, but ever since getting it working the bootup process hangs for
>>three minutes on "configuring network interfaces," or whatever that
>>line says. I just hit Ctrl-c to continue. But then the wireless is not

>It is the dhcp getting the ip address from the access point. Now I also do
>not know why it takes so long, but it usually does.
>If you would rather not wait, put
>ONBOOT=no
>into /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth1
>(assuming your wireless is eth1)

Thanks for the suggestion. But before I do it, I suspect it will just
create another problem.

First, the ethernet is eth0 and the wireless is wlan0.

The problem is that at home I have no wireless, but I do have
ethernet. I always need the ethernet because my printers and my
Windows desktop are on it.

Away from home (usually at the university) I have no ethernet, but I
almost always need wireless.

So if I put the ONBOOT line into the network-script for either one,
then that one will not be working. E.g., if I put ONBOOT=no into the
ifcfg-eth1 script, then it should boot fine at the university, but at
home I'll have no ethernet. If I reverse it and put the ONBOOT=no line
into the ifcfg-wlan0 script (I'm assuming such a script exists), then
it will boot fine at home, but at the university the wifi won't be
working.

Note that I made a lot of assumptions above. Did I figure that out
correctly?

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.