Acer Aspire 1670 - Portable

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 1670 - Portable ; Hi, I'm fairly new to the linux games, but am trying to install debian dual boot on my new leptop. everything is working ok except when i run startx, it can't run and the log tells me no screens found. ...

  1. Acer Aspire 1670

    Hi,
    I'm fairly new to the linux games, but am trying to install debian dual boot
    on my new leptop. everything is working ok except when i run startx, it
    can't run and the log tells me no screens found.
    I am using a Radeon Mobility 9700
    Do i need to install new drivers?? If so how do i do this, I have little
    experience with Linux!!

    Regards
    Mike

  2. Re: Acer Aspire 1670

    Michael wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm fairly new to the linux games, but am trying to install debian dual boot
    > on my new leptop. everything is working ok except when i run startx, it
    > can't run and the log tells me no screens found.
    > I am using a Radeon Mobility 9700
    > Do i need to install new drivers?? If so how do i do this, I have little
    > experience with Linux!!
    >

    > Regards
    > Mike

    run xf86cfg and run through the card/monitor setup. startx should run
    after that. BTW, have you also configured your window manager?
    KDE/Gnome/Ice/whatever? (would be done during initial install)

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.
    Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
    ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

    -end sig-

+ Reply to Thread