Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting - Portable

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting - Portable ; Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the touchpad. Does anyone know ...

  1. Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude
    laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact
    that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the
    touchpad.

    Does anyone know where it is? I really want to disable that tap-click
    functionality. It's driving me crazy. Thanks.

    --

  2. Re: Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Artoi wrote:
    > Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude
    > laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact
    > that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the
    > touchpad.
    >
    > Does anyone know where it is? I really want to disable that tap-click
    > functionality. It's driving me crazy. Thanks.
    >
    > --

    KDE Control Centre. Should be in mouse control.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.
    Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
    ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

    -end sig-

  3. Re: Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Jim wrote:
    > Artoi wrote:
    >
    >> Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude
    >> laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact
    >> that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the
    >> touchpad.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where it is? I really want to disable that tap-click
    >> functionality. It's driving me crazy. Thanks.
    >>
    >> --

    > KDE Control Centre. Should be in mouse control.

    Ubuntu is a Gnome distribution

  4. Re: Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Bo Andresen wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Artoi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude
    >>> laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact
    >>> that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the
    >>> touchpad.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know where it is? I really want to disable that tap-click
    >>> functionality. It's driving me crazy. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> KDE Control Centre. Should be in mouse control.
    >>

    > Ubuntu is a Gnome distribution

    so it is. My bad.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.
    Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
    ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

    -end sig-

  5. Re: Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Artoi schrieb:
    > Installed the latest Ubuntu 5.0.4 successfully on my Dell Latitude
    > laptop as a dual boot. The only annoying thing at present is the fact
    > that I can't find a control panel for setting preferences for the
    > touchpad.

    I also had problems using my touchpad, i had to edit my xorg.conf,
    because in the control panel most options are missing...
    see http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/SynapticsTouchpadHowto for several
    usefull hints.

    HTH Tobias

  6. Re: Ubuntu 5.0.4: Touch pad setting

    Jim wrote:
    > Bo Andresen wrote:
    >> Jim wrote:

    >>> KDE Control Centre. Should be in mouse control.
    >>>

    >> Ubuntu is a Gnome distribution

    > so it is. My bad.

    But Kubuntu is KDE based!

    :-)