Suse 6.1 or Mandrake 8.2? - Portable

This is a discussion on Suse 6.1 or Mandrake 8.2? - Portable ; I have an older laptop (IBM Thinkpad 600E, P366, 96MB Ram, 2.5GB HD space available). It doesn't seem as if the latest versions of Linux will run on it. I was given originals of Suse 6.1 and Mandrake 8.2 (both ...

  1. Suse 6.1 or Mandrake 8.2?

    I have an older laptop (IBM Thinkpad 600E, P366, 96MB Ram, 2.5GB HD
    space available). It doesn't seem as if the latest versions of Linux
    will run on it. I was given originals of Suse 6.1 and Mandrake 8.2
    (both with manuals).

    Given that I eventually plan to buy a new laptop and probably Suse9.3
    and I just want to use the IBM for learning on which would be the best
    of the two Linux's to install?

    --
    If you can't figure out my address from this,
    then we probably don't have a lot to talk about:

  2. Re: Suse 6.1 or Mandrake 8.2?

    (Haggard the Horrendous) wrote:

    > I have an older laptop (IBM Thinkpad 600E, P366, 96MB Ram, 2.5GB HD
    > space available). It doesn't seem as if the latest versions of Linux
    > will run on it. I was given originals of Suse 6.1 and Mandrake 8.2
    > (both with manuals).
    >
    > Given that I eventually plan to buy a new laptop and probably Suse9.3
    > and I just want to use the IBM for learning on which would be the best
    > of the two Linux's to install?

    Well, IBM owns a chunk of Novell and therefore indirectly SuSE. IIRC, they
    tend to support SuSE and Red Hat.

+ Reply to Thread