SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk - Portable

This is a discussion on SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk - Portable ; Hi Co-Linuxers, after successfully having done some installations of the new SuSE 9.3 Professional Linux on several computers including a notebook, I started to install it as well on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D (P IV A, 2.8 GHz). Doing ...

  1. SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk

    Hi Co-Linuxers,

    after successfully having done some installations of the new SuSE 9.3
    Professional Linux on several computers including a notebook, I started
    to install it as well on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D (P IV A, 2.8 GHz).
    Doing that the installer told me he could not recognize any hard disks
    on my notebook. On the other hand, SuSE 9.2 Professional works with the
    Toshiba MK6021 GAS hard disk without any problems.

    Any hints?

    Thanx in advance,
    Torsten

  2. Re: SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk

    (Torsten Holger Bischoff ) scribbled:

    > after successfully having done some installations of the new SuSE 9.3
    > Professional Linux on several computers including a notebook, I started
    > to install it as well on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D (P IV A, 2.8 GHz).
    > Doing that the installer told me he could not recognize any hard disks
    > on my notebook. On the other hand, SuSE 9.2 Professional works with the
    > Toshiba MK6021 GAS hard disk without any problems.

    .... try the "insmod=ide-generic" install option

    --
    << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com (Beta Band, The - Won) >>
    "The sixties were good to you, weren't they?" - George Carlin

  3. Re: SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk

    mjt wrote:
    > (Torsten Holger Bischoff ) scribbled:
    >

    >>after successfully having done some installations of the new SuSE 9.3
    >>Professional Linux on several computers including a notebook, I started
    >>to install it as well on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D (P IV A, 2.8 GHz).
    >>Doing that the installer told me he could not recognize any hard disks
    >>on my notebook. On the other hand, SuSE 9.2 Professional works with the
    >>Toshiba MK6021 GAS hard disk without any problems.

    > ... try the "insmod=ide-generic" install option

    It worked for me!

    --
    Andrew
    00 Daytona

  4. Re: SuSE 9.3 Prof. does not recognize harddisk

    (Andrew ) scribbled:
    > mjt wrote:
    > > (Torsten Holger Bischoff ) scribbled:
    > >
    > >>after successfully having done some installations of the new SuSE 9.3
    > >>Professional Linux on several computers including a notebook, I started
    > >>to install it as well on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D (P IV A, 2.8 GHz).
    > >>Doing that the installer told me he could not recognize any hard disks
    > >>on my notebook. On the other hand, SuSE 9.2 Professional works with the
    > >>Toshiba MK6021 GAS hard disk without any problems.

    > > ... try the "insmod=ide-generic" install option

    > It worked for me!

    .... yep, i attribute that answer to Andrew - it actually
    came from him, via email, and i just used it

    --
    << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com (Beta Band, The - Won) >>
    "If you are beginning to doubt what I am saying, you are

+ Reply to Thread