Toshiba M30 temperature with Linux OS - Portable

This is a discussion on Toshiba M30 temperature with Linux OS - Portable ; Hey,I just installed linux on my laptop(a toshiba satellite m30)...and i realized that the running temperture of the system has increased greatly ...does anybody out there know how i can bring the temperature back to its optimum level?? are there ...

  1. Toshiba M30 temperature with Linux OS

    Hey,I just installed linux on my laptop(a toshiba satellite m30)...and
    i realized that the running temperture of the system has increased
    greatly ...does anybody out there know how i can bring the temperature
    back to its optimum level?? are there any settings that i could change
    on my laptop to do so??

  2. Re: Toshiba M30 temperature with Linux OS

    abrahajm@mcmaster.ca wrote:
    > Hey,I just installed linux on my laptop(a toshiba satellite m30)...and
    > i realized that the running temperture of the system has increased
    > greatly ...does anybody out there know how i can bring the temperature
    > back to its optimum level?? are there any settings that i could change
    > on my laptop to do so??

    IME the A30 overheats very easily, the only way I've found around this
    is to load it out with as much RAM as I can squeeze into it and jump
    into the BIOS settings and choke back the CPU speed. The extra RAM
    offsets the speed hit quite nicely, tho on saying that it's still not a
    great machine because of the thermal problems.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
    DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
    Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
    X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
    DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
    FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

    More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
    -end sig-

  3. Re: Toshiba M30 temperature with Linux OS

    I always set my notebooks on a thick metal sheet. This improves the cooling
    very much

    A bought recently a $25 notebook cooling setting with 3 vans supplied by
    USB. This looks very effective.

    Salutations

    wrote in message
    news:1114980703.185868.59830@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hey,I just installed linux on my laptop(a toshiba satellite m30)...and
    > i realized that the running temperture of the system has increased
    > greatly ...does anybody out there know how i can bring the temperature
    > back to its optimum level?? are there any settings that i could change
    > on my laptop to do so??

+ Reply to Thread