PS/2 mouse not working - Portable

This is a discussion on PS/2 mouse not working - Portable ; Hello, I have installed the Mandrikelinux 10.1 on a Compaq Presario laptop (12XL302). Since the install process (since the very first moment actually), my external PS2 mouse doesn't work. But, the touchpad (that seems to share the same PS2 connection) ...

  1. PS/2 mouse not working

    Hello,
    I have installed the Mandrikelinux 10.1 on a Compaq Presario laptop
    (12XL302).
    Since the install process (since the very first moment actually), my
    external PS2 mouse doesn't work. But, the touchpad (that seems to share
    the same PS2 connection) is working properly.
    I tried the following operation : "cat /dev/psaux" without success
    (only reacts with the touchpad, but not with the external mouse).
    Is it possible that there is a conflict bewteen the two mices (external
    one and the Touchpad) ?
    What is the procedure to make my external PS2 mouse (that is much more
    confortable to use) work properly ? If someone has any idea...
    Thank you for any advice.

  2. Re: PS/2 mouse not working

    Choup's wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have installed the Mandrikelinux 10.1 on a Compaq Presario laptop
    > (12XL302).
    > Since the install process (since the very first moment actually), my
    > external PS2 mouse doesn't work. But, the touchpad (that seems to share
    > the same PS2 connection) is working properly.
    > I tried the following operation : "cat /dev/psaux" without success
    > (only reacts with the touchpad, but not with the external mouse).
    > Is it possible that there is a conflict bewteen the two mices (external
    > one and the Touchpad) ?
    > What is the procedure to make my external PS2 mouse (that is much more
    > confortable to use) work properly ? If someone has any idea...
    > Thank you for any advice.

    My solution to a similiar problem (mouse & tp worked, but I couldn't
    adjust the speed separately) was to get a USB mouse.

    Jerry

  3. Re: PS/2 mouse not working

    I've tried that. But I can't configure anything relating to the mouse
    in the BIOS...

  4. Re: PS/2 mouse not working

    Yes, sure. But I'd like to understand this problem and make my system
    work without buying new hardware.

  5. Re: PS/2 mouse not working

    Jerry Peters wrote:
    > My solution to a similiar problem (mouse & tp worked, but I couldn't
    > adjust the speed separately) was to get a USB mouse.
    >
    > Jerry

    Yes, sure. But I'd like to understand this problem and make my system
    work without buying new hardware.

+ Reply to Thread