jdbc on zaurus sl6000 with jeode - Portable

This is a discussion on jdbc on zaurus sl6000 with jeode - Portable ; Hi, I want to access a database on my zaurus sl6000 (sharp ROM 1.12) with jdbc. Jeode (J2ME CDC-HI 1.0_v01) is installed by default. My .java file compiles fine but when I run the class, I get the error messages: ...

  1. jdbc on zaurus sl6000 with jeode

    Hi,
    I want to access a database on my zaurus sl6000 (sharp ROM 1.12) with
    jdbc. Jeode (J2ME CDC-HI 1.0_v01) is installed by default.
    My .java file compiles fine but when I run the class, I get the error
    messages: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.sql.SQLException. It
    seemed that in the personal.jar the directory java/sql was not present.
    Based on information from one of the openzaurus forums, I added the
    directory to the personal.jar and replaced the original file in
    /home/Qtpalmtop/j2me/lib with the new version. The error however does
    not go away. Still the SQLException.class is present in the
    personal.jar file.
    Is there a way to find out why the class is not recognised/found/used?
    Thanks
    insomniux

  2. Re: jdbc on zaurus sl6000 with jeode

    > Hi,
    > I want to access a database on my zaurus sl6000 (sharp ROM 1.12) with
    > jdbc. Jeode (J2ME CDC-HI 1.0_v01) is installed by default.
    > My .java file compiles fine but when I run the class, I get the error
    > messages: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.sql.SQLException. It
    > seemed that in the personal.jar the directory java/sql was not present.
    > Based on information from one of the openzaurus forums, I added the
    > directory to the personal.jar and replaced the original file in
    > /home/Qtpalmtop/j2me/lib with the new version. The error however does
    > not go away. Still the SQLException.class is present in the
    > personal.jar file.
    > Is there a way to find out why the class is not recognised/found/used?
    > Thanks
    > insomniux

    For those who are interested, the problem was solved by replacing the
    original personal.jar (the one in /home/Qtpalmtop/j2me/lib is a
    symlink) in the /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/j2rme/lib directory, which is on
    the read-only mounted root directory.
    Full drscription on the www.oesf.org forums
    (http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10934)
    insomniux