Resume problem - Portable

This is a discussion on Resume problem - Portable ; I'm running FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M1 but I'm having a problem with the Suspend to RAM option. The laptop supends fine, but whenever I resume it shuts down (I see the normal 'system shutting down' status message and ...

  1. Resume problem

    I'm running FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M1 but I'm having a problem with the
    Suspend to RAM option. The laptop supends fine, but whenever I resume
    it shuts down (I see the normal 'system shutting down' status message
    and it runs through the shutdown procedure).

    I'm assuming my kernel (just the updated FC3 kernel, I've not recompiled
    yet) must have the correct support as it suspends. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Chris

  2. Re: Resume problem

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:33:33 +0100, can2002 wrote:

    > I'm running FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M1 but I'm having a problem with the
    > Suspend to RAM option. The laptop supends fine, but whenever I resume it
    > shuts down (I see the normal 'system shutting down' status message and it
    > runs through the shutdown procedure).

    Chris, see my reply to John R Harlow in this group. I think it's the same
    thing.

    Jan

    --
    precious (i686) running GNU/Linux 2.6.11.7 #1 Mon Apr 11 08:13:45 CEST 2005
    BOFH excuse #138:

  3. Re: Resume problem

    Jan De Luyck wrote:
    > Chris, see my reply to John R Harlow in this group. I think it's the same
    > thing.
    >
    > Jan

    Hi Jan,

    Thanks for that, I'd done a search before without much joy, but I'll
    look for the name now:-)

    Chris

  4. Re: Resume problem

    Jan De Luyck wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:33:33 +0100, can2002 wrote:
    >

    >>I'm running FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M1 but I'm having a problem with the
    >>Suspend to RAM option. The laptop supends fine, but whenever I resume it
    >>shuts down (I see the normal 'system shutting down' status message and it
    >>runs through the shutdown procedure).

    > Chris, see my reply to John R Harlow in this group. I think it's the same
    > thing.
    >
    > Jan

    Hi Jan,

    That did the trick for me too, thanks again.

    Cheers,
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread