Webpad/tablet? - Portable

This is a discussion on Webpad/tablet? - Portable ; I'm looking for a simple and cheap webpad-type device. That is, something which is touchscreen-only, no keyboard, with a screen of at least 7", 800x600, 16-bit color. This will essentially be a thin client, just running a browser and nothing ...

  1. Webpad/tablet?

    I'm looking for a simple and cheap webpad-type device. That is,
    something which is touchscreen-only, no keyboard, with a screen of at
    least 7", 800x600, 16-bit color. This will essentially be a thin
    client, just running a browser and nothing else, so the CPU and memory
    requirements are modest -- one of the 200MHz embedded CPUs is probably
    adequate. And of course, it should run Linux. Any ideas?

    --
    Randall Nortman

  2. Re: Webpad/tablet?

    Randall Nortman wrote:
    > I'm looking for a simple and cheap webpad-type device. That is,
    > something which is touchscreen-only, no keyboard, with a screen of at
    > least 7", 800x600, 16-bit color. This will essentially be a thin
    > client, just running a browser and nothing else, so the CPU and memory
    > requirements are modest -- one of the 200MHz embedded CPUs is probably
    > adequate. And of course, it should run Linux. Any ideas?

    I picked up a Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 tablet last year for 50 - bargain!
    500 Celeron, 256 RAM, 15GB HD, came with XP Tablet Edition, I put RedHat
    9 on it. Just the job.

+ Reply to Thread