Battery Strength Indicator? - Portable

This is a discussion on Battery Strength Indicator? - Portable ; My Dell Inspiron 8600 has a battery strength indicator that, for some reason, no longer works. I understand that there is a utility in Linux that provides that service, a battery monitor or such like. (1) Is there such a ...

  1. Battery Strength Indicator?

    My Dell Inspiron 8600 has a battery strength indicator that, for some
    reason, no longer works. I understand that there is a utility in Linux
    that provides that service, a battery monitor or such like. (1) Is there
    such a utility and (2) how do I turn it on?

    Thanks

    dj tuchler

  2. Re: Battery Strength Indicator?

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > My Dell Inspiron 8600 has a battery strength indicator that, for some
    > reason, no longer works. I understand that there is a utility in Linux
    > that provides that service, a battery monitor or such like. (1) Is there
    > such a utility and (2) how do I turn it on?

    I believe with KDE it is found in the klaptopdaemon package.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  3. Re: Battery Strength Indicator?

    "Dennis J. Tuchler" wrote:

    > I understand that there is a utility in Linux
    > that provides that service, a battery monitor or such like.

    apmd

    Joe