Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi? - Portable

This is a discussion on Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi? - Portable ; Does anybody have linux installed on a Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi, or do you have any recommandation from experience with this laptop and any linux OS? Thanks,Ovi DevPlug.com Forum...

  1. Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    Does anybody have linux installed on a Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi, or do
    you have any recommandation from experience with this laptop and any
    linux OS?

    Thanks,Ovi

    DevPlug.com Forum

  2. Re: Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    You should try SuSE 9.1! It works great on my aspire laptop!
    Cheers

    rovisoft wrote:
    > Does anybody have linux installed on a Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi, or do
    > you have any recommandation from experience with this laptop and any
    > linux OS?
    >
    > Thanks,Ovi
    >

    > DevPlug.com Forum

  3. Re: Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    You should try SuSE 9.1, it works great on my acer laptop!

  4. Re: Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:51:32 +0000, rovisoft wrote:

    > Does anybody have linux installed on a Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi, or do
    > you have any recommandation from experience with this laptop and any
    > linux OS?
    >
    > Thanks,Ovi
    >

    > DevPlug.com Forum

    Fedora Core 3 or Mandrake 10.1 should work as well as anything.

  5. re:Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    Somebody else recommended me Debian, but i think i will try them both!
    Thanks

    Developers Forum
    http://www.DevPlug.com --Connecting Developers

  6. Re: Linux OS recommandations for Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi?

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:51:32 +0000, rovisoft wrote:

    > Does anybody have linux installed on a Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi, or do
    > you have any recommandation from experience with this laptop and any
    > linux OS?
    >
    > Thanks,Ovi
    >

    > DevPlug.com Forum

    I have an Acer Travelmate 244 laptop running Gentoo. A bit more 'involved'
    for the new user but it works well. I have the winmodem working and use
    Ndiswrapper for wifi access through my Netgear 521 card. The only thing I
    haven't sorted are the 'special' keys but I'm not that bothered about them.

    --
    Entwisi
    Honda XL1000V Varadero 'The Big V'

+ Reply to Thread