Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100 - Portable

This is a discussion on Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100 - Portable ; Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried every tip I've read going through the USENET archives and ...

  1. Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100

    Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
    a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
    it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
    every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
    and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
    isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
    I know the audio hardware is working though because it
    plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:25:49 -0700, zontar_the_thing_from_venus wrote:

    > Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
    > a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
    > it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
    > every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
    > and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
    > isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
    > I know the audio hardware is working though because it
    > plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?

    Fedora has dropped support for many old ISA sound cards in their kernels.
    If you still want to use it you must compile the driver yourself from the
    kernel source.

    --
    Vladimir

+ Reply to Thread