HELP: pentium-m laptop and speedstep problem - Portable

This is a discussion on HELP: pentium-m laptop and speedstep problem - Portable ; hi, i have a acer travelmate 8005 which has a pentium-m centrino with speedstep. however, using 2.6.11, i am unable to load the speedstep-centrino kernel module as it complains that there is no such device. i have read in many ...

  1. HELP: pentium-m laptop and speedstep problem

    hi,

    i have a acer travelmate 8005 which has a pentium-m centrino with
    speedstep. however, using 2.6.11, i am unable to load the
    speedstep-centrino kernel module as it complains that there is no such
    device.

    i have read in many other places whereby ppl with the same laptop have
    got this to work. is there something wrong with my kernel config?

    thanks
    -r

    dmesg reports the CPU as "Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.80GHz
    stepping 06"

    the options selected for cpu scalling are shown below; full listing at
    http://www.geocities.com/whatdoineed2do/config.html

    #
    # CPU Frequency scaling
    #
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
    # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y
    # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE is not set
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
    CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y

    #
    # CPUFreq processor drivers
    #
    CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=m
    # CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K6 is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7 is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8 is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_GX_SUSPMOD is not set
    CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO=m
    CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO_ACPI=y
    CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO_TABLE=y
    CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_ICH=m
    # CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_SMI is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_P4_CLOCKMOD is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_CPUFREQ_NFORCE2 is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_LONGRUN is not set
    # CONFIG_X86_LONGHAUL is not set

    #
    # shared options
    #
    # CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ_PROC_INTF is not set
    CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_LIB=m
    # CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_RELAXED_CAP_CHECK is not set

  2. Re: HELP: pentium-m laptop and speedstep problem

    whatdoineed2do@yahoo.co.uk (Ray) wrote in message news:<2474b717.0504071619.5b4b6384@posting.google.com>...
    > hi,
    >
    > i have a acer travelmate 8005 which has a pentium-m centrino with
    > speedstep. however, using 2.6.11, i am unable to load the
    > speedstep-centrino kernel module as it complains that there is no such
    > device.

    it appears that this machine does all scaling with the acpi_cpufreq
    module (CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ)

+ Reply to Thread