Cedega and Gentoo on a laptop - Portable

This is a discussion on Cedega and Gentoo on a laptop - Portable ; Im trying to use Cedega on a laptop (HP Pavilion 1006) and it doesnt have any graphics card, just the integrated intel one. So how do I install my self opengl/directx working? The game setup ran on cedega showed that ...

  1. Cedega and Gentoo on a laptop

    Im trying to use Cedega on a laptop (HP Pavilion 1006) and it doesnt
    have any graphics card, just the integrated intel one. So how do I
    install my self opengl/directx working? The game setup ran on cedega
    showed that I dont have any graphic cards (ones cedega can use)

  2. Re: Cedega and Gentoo on a laptop

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:28:27 GMT, Curious George staggered into the
    Black Sun and said:
    > Im trying to use Cedega on a laptop (HP Pavilion 1006) and it doesnt
    > have any graphics card, just the integrated intel one.

    ? All laptops will have a graphics card of some type. Did you mean
    "any *supported* graphics card"? i8xx cards are the bottom of the
    barrel as far as 3D goes, but it should be possible to use the
    kernel-level DRI/DRM modules to get some level of accelerated 3D.
    (Also, written English is a pain in the arse if Finnish is your native
    tongue, but please remember the 's in "I'm" and "doesn't" and all other
    contractions.)

    > So how do I install my self opengl/directx working? The game setup ran
    > on cedega showed that I dont have any graphic cards (ones cedega can
    > use)

    Post the output of "lspci | grep VGA", the output of "lsmod", and the
    output of "grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf" (or XF86Config-4 if you're
    still using X 4.3, which you really shouldn't be.) You'll need to make
    sure that your X is configured properly, that you have agpgart and i810
    (or i830) loaded, and that you've run "opengl-update xorg-x11".

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!