Fedora power management service - Portable

This is a discussion on Fedora power management service - Portable ; Hi all, I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop. I am using an lcd. I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the lcd. I need it to display 24/7. Even if I set the advanced ...

  1. Fedora power management service

    Hi all,

    I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop.
    I am using an lcd.
    I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the
    lcd.
    I need it to display 24/7.
    Even if I set the advanced services/power management off or turn it on
    and set the time to 1440 minutes (highest allowable time), within 5
    minutes the lcd fades to a blank screen.

    Can anyone help?
    Fedora newbie

  2. Re: Fedora power management service

    On 2005-03-08, rl_connected wrote:
    > I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop.
    > I am using an lcd.
    > I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the
    > lcd.
    > I need it to display 24/7.
    > Even if I set the advanced services/power management off or turn it on
    > and set the time to 1440 minutes (highest allowable time), within 5
    > minutes the lcd fades to a blank screen.

    Hi...

    I don't know about gnome, but try changing/inserting these options in
    the "ServerFlags" section of your xserver config file (XF86Config or
    XF86Config-4):

    Option "BlankTime" "0"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime" "0"

    See 'man XF86Config' or 'man XF86Config-4".

    Cheers,

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread