How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS - Portable

This is a discussion on How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS - Portable ; hello, i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base ...

  1. How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS

    hello,
    i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different
    partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make
    bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base OS. I
    searced many algo's but none of them is clear to me , bootloader of my
    new OS is GRUB ,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain,
    now i create initial ramdisk image of 1.3MB ,now i am not able to
    create image of floppy bcz of size(kernel image+ initd).
    i am trying this from last 1 month . so plz help me in this.
    thanx in advance
    Regards:
    Narendra

  2. Re: How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS

    Narendra wrote:

    > i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different
    > partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make
    > bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base OS. I
    > searced many algo's but none of them is clear to me , bootloader of my
    > new OS is GRUB ,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain,
    > now i create initial ramdisk image of 1.3MB ,now i am not able to
    > create image of floppy bcz of size(kernel image+ initd).
    > i am trying this from last 1 month . so plz help me in this.

    I'm not sure if this is your question,
    but you can make a CD to boot your system with
    "mkbootdisk --iso --device whatever.iso 2.6.10"
    substituting the kernel you are using (as given eg by "uname -a")
    for 2.6.10 .
    Then burn whatever.iso as a CD.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  3. Re: How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS

    Narendra wrote:

    > hello,
    > i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different
    > partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make
    > bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base OS. I
    > searced many algo's but none of them is clear to me , bootloader of my
    > new OS is GRUB ,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain,
    > now i create initial ramdisk image of 1.3MB ,now i am not able to
    > create image of floppy bcz of size(kernel image+ initd).
    > i am trying this from last 1 month . so plz help me in this.
    > thanx in advance
    > Regards:
    > Narendra

    Try http://slax.linux-live.org/