Dear group,

when trying to set-up an external monitor for
for my ibm r50p I found the following:

I had no problems while switching to the
external monitor (using the "fn" functional
keys) when running linux in console mode.
With graphical mode (X), however, nothing
is displayed on the external monitor.

I already found in different posting that
this is related to the video card settings
(drivers). I have one more general question:
If I adjust the video card settings such that
everything can be displayed on the external
monitor, I am afraid it won't work on the
notebook lcd screen any longer.

Is there a convenient method which allows
switching between 2 videocard settings?

If I am on the wrong way, please tell me!

Any help is welcome.

Best regards, Ingo